05 October 2005

Colonel Mustard


I've been being so good this month and saving money, ($1000, Dad would be proud) but yesterday I went on a bit of a splurge in Sannomiya. I got a wonderfully awful yellow sweater, and (of course) some books from Tokyo Random Walk (the best English bookstore in the Kansai).
I got:
The Intelligencer, which is one of those 'literary thrillers'. I'm prepared to be disappointed, but I just can't help myself; I love these things even when they're really bad.
The Big Sleep, which should be a safe bet since it's a classic. Surprisingly enough I've never read any Chandler so I thought I'd pick it up while I'm on my classics binge.
Gifts by Ursula LeGuin, just because I love everything she's written, and it was ridiculously reasonably priced for an imported hardcover.
Nymphomation, I've never heard of the author (Jeff Noon) but the title caught my eye as did the fact that it's set in Manchester (maybe you should check it out John!)

I'm gonna be posting my reviews of things as I read them as well, so that's something to look forward to (or, for Kate, to avoid?).

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Becki said...

Yeah, I did. Pretty good huh?

05 October, 2005 20:15  
Blogger kumagoro said...

Colonel Mustard is a good name for it, if I do say so myself.

06 October, 2005 02:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home