03 October 2008

Halloween Curl: OK, so I lied...


I'm actually going to update again right away. Yesterday Sho-chan and I went to the supermarket and we both saw and immediately had to buy the product pictured above.

It's "Curl", a popular corn snack, kind of like Cheetos. What struck me was the jaunty Halloween package. The usual green and yellow color scheme has been replaced with purple and orange and the package is covered with little ghosts and bats and pumpkins. The Curl mascot frog Kerota (Croaky) is even wearing a witch's hat and riding on a broom.

Now what, you ask, is the special Halloween flavor? Is it pumpkin, or perhaps squash? Maybe caramel apple, or Halloween candy?

Nope. It's curry! To be specific, "Western-style" curry. WTF? The special Halloween flavor is curry? God, I love this country!!!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Paul YM said...

Ah, but you must realize that "Western-Style Curry" is made from human brains and eyeballs, and bat wings; a perfectly acceptable Halloween blend of flavors. And the grey matter sticks to your teeth.

On a side note, after years of not being able to find a suitable pumpkin in Japan for Jack-o-lanterning, my wife found a farm selling them on Yahoo Auctions. It arrived yesterday and I have never seen such a perfectly formed gourd in the US. Or is it a squash? Anyway, just a tip. I know Sanda is known for it's farms. Perhaps pumpkins are more available out there.

03 October, 2008 14:21  
Blogger Becki said...

Thanks for the info. I think I recall seeing some nice pumpkins in the supermarket at AEON last year around Halloween, but I could be wrong. I was never huge inot the whole pumpkin carving thing anyway, i'm more of a fan of the costumes. (And of course the CANDY!!!!!!!)

03 October, 2008 22:29  
Blogger Paul YM said...

Yick. Costumes. I suppose I've spent one too many Halloweens in NYC, where costumes are for hiding one's identity while running drunkenly down the street screaming and throwing bottles.

I'm trying to embrace the costume idea these days so I don't ruin it for my boy. He's going to be Captain Feathersword this year!

04 October, 2008 01:46  
Blogger Becki said...

Captain Feathersword? Is that a children's TV character? The name sounds vaguely familiar but I can't place it.

04 October, 2008 08:57  
Blogger Paul YM said...

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=ltwwMQ3w52c

Having a child can make you insane. At least it's not Barney or Teletubbies.

04 October, 2008 21:06  
Blogger Becki said...

Ah! The Wiggles! Okay, you're right they're not nearly in the same class as Barney and the Teletubbies.

My sister's two girls are currently crazy about Dora and Diego. I swear they make Dora everything. The little one even had Dora diapers the last time I was back in the States.

05 October, 2008 01:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home