19 June 2006

So close, and yet so far

Just finished watching the Japan/Croatia game, and it was kind of disheartening. The last 15 minutes of the game the Japanese team just seemed to give up, when they should've been hustling all the more. We missed several good goal chances through lack of hustle and it was extremely frustrating to watch. We did end up with a tie score, but most of the credit for that goes to Kawaguchi (the goalie). We have to take on Brazil next and after tonight's lackluster performance I can't say I like our chances.

Maybe they should just replace the Japanese team with these soccer-playing crows...

Goog Niter

  • read about the soccer-playing crows
  • Labels: ,

    4 Comments:

    Blogger kumagoro said...

    Crows are better than pidgeons, though.

    20 June, 2006 12:10  
    Blogger Becki said...

    Amen to that.

    20 June, 2006 12:43  
    Blogger Granny D said...

    the upcoming Brazil/Japan match will be a case of divided loyalties. You live in Japan but the Brazilians make my favorite flip-flops. No one can ever say I don't make my team choices for the shallowest of reasons. Can't wait to see you....

    20 June, 2006 20:54  
    Blogger Becki said...

    Ha!
    I usually choose my team by whoever has the most cute guys, or the more interesting uniforms!

    21 June, 2006 13:24  

    Post a Comment

    << Home