08 October 2005

ラス場所: Sumo Showdown in Vegas


Judging by the name of my blog you'd thunk I'd have at least one sumo post by now, but since we're in-between 場所 there really wasn't anything of note.

But....! Now all of the guys are in Las Vegas for an exhibition tourney and apparently whooping it up Vegas style in-between matches. You can see some decent pics
  • by clicking this link here.
  • Including, for some reason, tons of pictures of 琴欧州 (Koto'oushuu) and 白露山 (Hakurozan) fooling around in the pool. (Where's 露鵬 (Rohou)?)

    Speaking of which... I was busy drooling over 琴欧州 in his cute little (actually probably not so little) Hawaiian print swim-trunks, when Erica burst my bubble by reminding me that we almost always see him wearing much less than trunks. Which is technically true I guess, but a mawashi's just not the same somehow.

    I also love this pic of all of the rikishis sitting around playing blackjack, 普天王 (Futen'ou) looks pretty chuffed, I wonder if he just took 時津海 (Tokitsu'umi) to the bank? (That is 時津海 right?, I can only see the side of his head...)

    And finally, a true shocker: Asa was apparently taken down by 栃東 (Tochiazuma) on day one... OMG!!!!

    Labels:

    3 Comments:

    Blogger kumagoro said...

    I will venture to say that young Koto'oushuu is a "nice guy", wink wink nudge nudge. Know what I mean?

    10 October, 2005 03:22  
    Blogger Becki said...

    And how!

    10 October, 2005 09:29  
    Blogger carl said...

    There were quite a number of news snippets here in the US about the matches. The most interesting comments were from the Sumo's though. One said that a lot of the people here were big enough to be Sumo's. Another went to a burger king and order the new super triple meat breakfast sandwich and said it was more than he ate in his training diet. "Who eats this?" he queried.

    16 October, 2005 21:41  

    Post a Comment

    << Home