18 December 2005

Vicious Deer Attack in Nara


So, Matt and I had a great time visiting various spots around the Kansai. On the first day we went to Nara (via the long, long way round, which was almost deja-vu of the time I went with Dad) to see the Giant Buddha, and you guessed it: the DEER.

Now, the Nara deer are not your average, every-day, friendly, "I'm-so-cute-come-and-pet-me" kind of deer.

They are vicious killers.

They are out for blood, and once they smell fear on you, you're a goner. Thusly, although Matt somehow strangely emerged unscathed, I was not so fortunate, and was savagely mauled, barely escaping with my life.

I learned 2 important lessons though:

1) Never let a Nara deer out of your sight
2) From now on, leave the photo-shopping up to Erica.

Goog Niter

PS: For those have you who (thankfully) have never heard it, believe me when I say that the cry of a deer is one of the most horrifying sounds imaginable; a high-pitched hissing whine, halfway between a spitting cat and fingernails on a blackboard.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger kumagoro said...

I lurv that picture. "It's just a flesh wound!"

19 December, 2005 01:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I`m now emotionally scarred forever.

Thanks.

20 December, 2005 00:09  
Blogger Fancy L said...

Awesome post!

It's too bad about your lower torso though.

P.S. Torso is a fun word!

20 December, 2005 01:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home