05 April 2006

Three Cheers for Fish Pants!


I had a lot of fun today considering that I had to go into work on my day off on top of having a cold. But the cold isn't really bad, and the work was just Chibiko training (a mommy-and-me style English class for 2-4 year olds) so it was Ok!

Chibiko training started at 1:20 at Tsukaguchi and the two guys that I was scheduled to train turned out to be just getting into Mah-Jongg, so we chatted a bit about that and exchanged e-mails. We might end up getting together for a game one of these days.

Then, afterwards I went to the Daiei and bought a replacement for my fish pants. Unless you're Erica that last sentence probably doesn't make any sense, so I'll explain: A few weeks ago I was having lunch with the kids at the kindergarten and I was sitting next to Shin-chan. He's a sweet little autistic boy, about 6 years old, very affectionate, but unfortunately not yet able to eat with a fork and knife. So the whole time I'm sitting next to him he's alternating between messily eating fish with his hands, and patting me on the leg. I was able to clean off all the big pieces of fish, but when I got home I realized the left leg of my sweat-pants still reeked of salmon. I put the pants in the wash, but when they came out they were still fishy. I washed them about 5 times before I finally gave up. He really must have ground the salmon in there pretty good 'cause they still stink so bad I can't wear them. So I was happy to find some replacement pants for only ¥990 at the Daiei next door to Tsukaguchi.

After that went I to Osaka to meet my friend Ayuko for dinner. We went to a little fancy izakaya and had yummy snacks, including small hash-browns that were served in a weird Jenga-ish stack and pomegranate sherbert for dessert. She invited her sister as well and we had fun just chatting about this and that. I was surprised to learn that her sister was majoring in Monogolian in college, and was going to go to Mongolia this August. I'm sooooooo jealous!!! But I guess I'll make it over to Mongolia some day...

Goog Niter!
and
Happy Birthdayer to Kate!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Becki said...

You got it sister!

06 April, 2006 22:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home