09 September 2006

SUMO SUMO SUMO!

Tomorrow is the first day of the September Tournament in Kyuushuu and I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. I missed the July tourney 'cause I was in the States, but you can bet your sweet little buns I'll be watching this one every day. My pre-basho prediction is that we'll get a sweet showdown on Senshuuraku between Asa, 'The Man from Mongolia' and Hakuho 'The Man from Mongolia Mark 2'. I'm also looking for a good showing from Miayabiyama and perhaps Houmashou and Balto as well. I quite like Houmashou; he's a handsome young lad and he could be the new hope for Japanese sumo, along with Kisenosato and Kotoshougiku.

Goog Niter!

A small after-match P.S.- Houmashou won his bout with Juumonji on the first day and is scheduled to fight Takekaze on day 2. Good Luck!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger kumagoro said...

Is it MArk 2 or Mach 2?

11 September, 2006 01:25  
Blogger Becki said...

From Dictionary.com

12. (usually initial capital letter) U.S. Military. a designation for an item of military equipment in production, used in combination with a numeral to indicate the order of adoption, and often abbreviated: a Mark-4 tank; an M-1 rifle.

11 September, 2006 12:16  
Blogger Granny D said...

I'm confused. I thought the time difference was only 12 hours give or take. It's really 2 months?!?!?!? Why do they have the November tournament in September? or is that a dumb question?

12 September, 2006 07:44  
Blogger Becki said...

I don't know what you're talking about...

;-}

12 September, 2006 12:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wiseguy!

13 September, 2006 00:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home