13 September 2007

The Name's Kanou; Becki Kanou


As of yesterday I am officially Rebecca Dorothy Kanou. I applied for my new passport about 2 weeks ago and it came in the mail yesterday; I am so, so, so, so, exciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiited!

But now comes the sucky part; I have to go around or call around to basically everywhere and fill out a whole bunch of forms changing my name on my bank cards, cell-phone, gym membership, Alien card, etc. etc. Oh well!

Goog Morninger!

PS I prefer to spell it 'Kanou' with a 'u' but the Japanese Passport Agency prefers it without, so that's how it's spelled on Shouichi's passport ('Kano Shoichi' instead of 'Kanou Shouichi'), and that's how I spelled it on mine, for consistency...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it weird to say - do you forget? I forget that I am now Larson so I end up saying something like Ald-larson!!!
I feel your pain with the form_filling out. The worst was the Social Security office where the wait was 1 1/2 hours and it took 30 seconds to actually do the transaction. I haven't ventured to Motor Vehicles yet.....

14 September, 2007 00:15  
Blogger Becki said...

Luckily I get to do the Social Security by mail, so I don't have to wait in line, but I still have to fill out about a gazillion forms.

14 September, 2007 06:55  
Blogger Joanne said...

At least the passport office doesn't spell it "Canoe"

15 September, 2007 22:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home