22 December 2010

Christmas Cookies!!!

My favorite part of Christmas, ever since I can remember, has always been decorating Christmas cookies. Unfortunately here in my house Japan we don't have an oven, so I can't actually make any of the wonderful Christmas shaped cookies from my childhood, but my wonderful mother was kind enough to send me a big ol' box of powdered sugar, so at least I was able to make the buttercream frosting! This year I made up a big batch and had a Christmas cookie making party for my students. It was a big success and here are some of the finished cookies. Enjoy! (Also a little thank you to Justin who gave me some motivation to start posting again!)



Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Maybe next year I can send some cut-out cookies for you to decorate. Things get to you pretty fast, and if they are carefully packed there probably won't be many broken ones that you will be FORCED TO EAT RIGHT AWAY.

24 December, 2010 23:22  
Blogger Becki said...

You mean forced to salther with frosting and then eat right away, I assume. Mwa ha ha haha!

25 December, 2010 00:26  
Blogger Joanne said...

Yes, yes indeed. That was exactly what I meant. Must include the powdered sugar and sprinkles next year as well...And maybe some Christmas plates, since those Easter ones look a little odd under the cookies...

25 December, 2010 04:00  
Blogger Becki said...

I was thinking the same thing about the Easter plates, but they were the only ones that I had.

27 December, 2010 21:44  
Blogger Granny D said...

Nice job. Keep posting - I miss you here

07 January, 2011 06:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home