15 November 2005

Daikon (大根)


I just saw the funniest news story ever on the TV.

Apparently in the town of Aioi (相生市), a daikon (大根) started growing up out of the pavement at an intersection. The anomalous daikon became famous in the neighborhood and after a while word got around and people started coming from neighboring towns to see it. Until.... a few days ago some visitors showed up to see the daikon and it was gone! So the neighborhood association put up a message saying for whoever took the daikon to turn themselves in...

And they did! The daikon was returned to the scene of the crime, but unfortunately having been plucked once it seemed unlikely that it would be able to be replanted.

The best part of the story though was the interview with an old guy from the neighborhood.

Interviewer: "So how do you feel about the theft of the daikon, sir?"
Old Guy: "I think it's very sad, and I feel a little pissed off!"

Goog Eveninger to all!

P.S. I am so excited ! As I sat here typing this blog entry the door-bell rang and my first ever books were delivered from Amazon; COD!!!! Woo hoo!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Fancy L said...

I'm a little pissed off about it too!

That's a great story.

15 November, 2005 23:16  
Blogger kumagoro said...

You know, I was reading this story about a daikon growing in the middle of a road.... oh wait. Nevermind.

16 November, 2005 13:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home