01 November 2005

Halloween

Yesterday was the Sanda Flower Town & Okaba Halloween Party at Tiffany and Ailish's place and did we ever have a wild time! Wee-ha! There was a whole lotta drinkin' and brawlin' and carousin' going on ( by which I mean a bit of chatting and eating chips and taking photos of ourselves in our silly costumes.) Enjoy!

Luke wore a wolf-man costume and scared the living crap out of all the poor Japanese girls on the train, but I think he deserves extra points for toughing it out with no-sleeves, 'cause it was frickin' cold last night.

Iain (I always want to spell his name 'Iaian') from Flower Town came dressed in a plastic garbage bag and pumpkin mask ensemble, but he added some extra panache with a daikon-o-lantern. (I didn't get a pic of it though... can someone send me one?)

Tristan came dressed as Dracula, thanks in part to the vampire teeth my mom sent me in my Halloween package. Thanks, Mom! The cocoa-flavored Peeps were deeeee-licious! (And courtesy of google translation.. Here's that last bit run through Japanese and back out into English..."Appreciation namely mother! It is to be acquired cocoa flavor to exclude, seeing was licious deeeee-!")

Phil's came as an eggplant apparently a last minute costume decision, but still super-cute. And it's always good to have a big felt eggplant lying around the house anyway, who knows when you may need one?

My roommate Erica wore a costume inspired by bad Japanese eighties hair-band 'X-Japan' I envy her weird-eye-shadow skills.

Finally Ailish and her Pilates buddy Yuko were dressed as cute witches. Unfortunately Yuko missed the last train home to Tanigami and had to crash with Ailish and Tiffany, but that's just the kind of wild and crazy party that it was.

For some reason I don't seem to have any pics of me or Tiffany. But if I can get some I will post them up tomorrow. My Pippi costume was pretty sweet too, but I think Luke probably wins the prize for best costume because with his weird wolf-man lope and moon-howling he was SERIOUSLY in character (maybe a little TOO in character)...

OK, Goog Niter Everybody!

PS If the folks at home are reading this, please send me pics of the babies in their Halloween get-ups!


PPS Without the photos this post kinda sucks... oh well it's not like anyone's coming back and reading it anyway...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger kumagoro said...

Yeah, I think Luke and his uber-hairy Teen Wolf win, hands down. But Iain should get a special achievement or best radish in show award. Phil can win best in the fruit/vegetable category, Tiffany definitely has best cleavage cornered, Yuko and Ailish will share the pointy hat prize, and Tristan can win a combination best swooping/drooling. I will nominate you, Pippi, for the coveted pipecleaner pigtail prize and I will take.... most makeup??? most leapard print?? Whatever.

01 November, 2005 02:01  
Blogger kumagoro said...

By the way, a leapard is a a rare Mongolian herbivorous quadruped, a distant evolutionary cousin to the guanaco. Just so we're clear on that.

01 November, 2005 02:12  
Blogger Becki said...

uh huh... sounds more like guano to me...

01 November, 2005 02:26  
Blogger Fancy L said...

Thanks for the props ladies. I try.


Aaooooo!

01 November, 2005 22:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home