05 November 2005

A Curse on Thee, Foul Temptress!


So, I yesterday I had dinner with a friend at the Itami Diamond City shopping center. I had some good conversation, ate some pizza (just plain old tomato and basil this time... sorry) and drank some chai at Starbucks. All in all I had a pretty good time. Until...

Innocently enough, I thought that on the way home I would pop into the cheese shop at the mall and pick up a little something in the way of a Danish Blue or perhaps a small slice of Gruyere. For you see the last time I had visited Diamond City I had found, to my delight, a small fromagerie, as it were, which specialized in imported cheeses. Little did I suspect (although I really ought to have, given what I know of the typical Japanese taste for truly insipid cheeses) that in the short span of but 2 years it had gone right out off business, taking with it my dreams of Roquefortian refreshment and Brie Bliss... Oh the Humanity!

Needless to say, I was devasted, but fortunately our local supermarket turned out have a decent cheese section, by recourse to which I was able to stave off (for the time being) the cheese cravings which were roused (only to be so cruelly denied) by the beguiling Diamond City Mall.

Goog Niter.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger kumagoro said...

And I thought to myself, "a little fermented curd will do the trick," so, I curtailed my Walpoling activites, sallied forth, and infiltrated your place of purveyance to negotiate the vending of some cheesy comestibles!

06 November, 2005 09:31  
Blogger Becki said...

I remember it fondly too. I still have that stupid alien picture that I labored so much over in that drawing class, posted up on my wall.

08 November, 2005 21:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home