06 April 2006

Out and about on the weekend: WTF?

I had two real WTF moments this weekend, one as I was getting off the train at Takarazuka and the other as I was sitting at 'Boob Mountain' waiting for a friend. (BTW, Has anyone been to 'Boob Mountain recently it seems to have acquired this bizarre modern art sculpture of a bunch of torsos stuck together that looks *majorly* phallic when viewed from above. It may be time for a name change!)

Anyway as I got out of Takarazuka station there was this crazy-looking obaa-chan coming out of the conveni with an equally elderly pug. She proceeded to put the pug into the basket of her granny-bike, but the weird part was the pug was wearing DIAPERS! I guess it probably saves on having to always be getting the pooper-scooper out, but still....Eeew!

And then, the next day at 'Boob Mountain' I was sitting and minding my own business when I saw something strange going on across the way. These two middle aged ladies had their arms wrapped around one of those wanna-be-gangster-looking guys in the bad white track-suits and they were kind of moving them up and down like they were regulating his aura or something... Then they bowed to him and thanked him and went up to someone else, talked to them for a bit, and started doing it again. By the time my friend finally got there they had done the spiritual healing or whatever it was to 3 or 4 people. Trés Bizarre.

Goog Morninger

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Fancy L said...

Yeah, I too am confused about the imagery and namery of this "boob mountain".

Why wasn't I invited?

06 April, 2006 22:30  
Blogger Becki said...

Luke-
You've never been to 'Boob Mountain'?
It's that weird little park thing in front of Hankyuu station in Sannomiya. You know, where they have those big stone boobs that you sit on...

06 April, 2006 22:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home