05 January 2008

プリクラ三昧 (Photo-stickers A-go-go)

I recently made a great discovery! The photo-sticker machines (called purikura) you find in all the arcades in shopping centers in Japan now come with a new feature. You can download the pictures you took to your phone almost instantaneously using the infared beam! Naturally I lost no time in taking advantage of this and I now present you with a bunch of silly purikura I took over the New Year's vacation.


This picture is my friend and former student Naoko, and her friend Shiho (who I actually taught a few times at Sakasegawa NOVA) . We went to AEON Mall and took a whole bunch of pictures, but I think this one was the best.


This is another one from the same batch, the Japanese writing says "I love my hometown."


I sent this pic to Sho-chan at work and he said 'Your face looks scary.' I guess it kinda does, but I still like this pic.


Finally there's me and Sho-chan looking SEXXXXXXXXXXXY!

PS I finally updated the 'What I'm reading now' section. I haven't been reading Persepolis all this time, I've just been too lazy to change it. (I've actually been reading a crap-load of Agatha Christie to which I've become hopelessly addicted.)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Very cute! And that jacket Shoichi is wearing - yes, very sexy. Did you choose the sepia tone or is that standard? I like the effect (but you do look a bit threatening in that close-up). The top picture and the one of you and Shoichi are my favorites.

07 January, 2008 03:04  
Blogger Becki said...

Sepia? Hmm... Do they look sepia to you? I thought sepia was kind of a brownish haze, these are maybe more just soft-focus I think....

Thanks for commenting though! It means a lot to me that you always comment. Oh, and be looking forward to an awesome surprise in early to mid Feb.

07 January, 2008 15:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This reminds me of our horribly pathetic attempt at making photo-stickers on our own....Perhaps old people shouldn't try things designed for the young.....not to say that we are old or anything ;-)

Your wedding pix were absolutely gorgeous. Your belated Christmas package will be in the mail soon...hopefully this time it will get to you and not make a round trip back to our front porch...

love you guys

09 January, 2008 00:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home