21 February 2009

It's (probably) a boy!


So by this time most readers of this blog (all 3 or 4 of you) have probably heard that we have a tentative gender identification.

We went for the 6 month checkup on Sunday and Dr. Fujioka told us that "the probability is very high" that the baby is a boy, but it's still not 100%. We saw the ultrasound and Dr. Fujioka pointed out what may or may not have been the elusive baby balls, but she said because the baby is facing away it's very difficult to tell. Hopefully we'll get a clearer picture on the 7 month checkup.

For now though we're going with the doctor's judgement and calling him Rintarou. I think he may very well be a boy though, 'cause little Rintarou can kick like a mini karate-master.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Congratulations! Now I can use Yuzuka in a pinch.

My doctor tells me there's a high probability I'm a boy, too.

21 February, 2009 15:42  
Blogger Becki said...

Hey...keep your hands of that name. We still have dibs on it if Baby #2 is a girl.

BTW Have you moved out here yet?

22 February, 2009 00:49  
Blogger Joanne said...

Chill, Becki! I think there can be more than one Yuzuka per town...happy for Paul that his doctor believes he may well be male. Always nice to know.
As for baby Rintarou, there's a high probability that your mom et al. will start collecting cute boy stuff!

22 February, 2009 01:03  
Blogger Paul said...

We were supposed to be moving right around now, but we did not account for every bit of bureaucracy. The house is finished though, and it looks nifty. We are now scheduled to move on March 19th. Expect an invitation to meet us and check out our digs soon after that!

I'm trying to think of some positive things about having a boy, but at the moment ours is a certifiable maniac. I can hear him raising Cain in the next room as I type. Our friends with baby girls his age are having a much better time of it right now. I'm sure things will shift in our favor soon enough. I had been hoping for a girl, but I must say that all-in-all having a boy has been a delight. Much more so than I expected. So, as always, congratulations!

22 February, 2009 12:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool. I'm not sure boys are any worse than girls as babies, some babies are harder work than others regardless of sex. It is quite common for the 1st baby to be a handful though. Don't forget everyone has to learn to be a parent even though some people think it is a skill mothers are born with.

23 February, 2009 19:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home