17 September 2011

False Alarm: Where is the Baby?



Sorry for getting everyone all worried/excited last night. It looks like Suzuna won't be putting in an appearance quite yet, after all.

Yesterday I started getting what I thought were contractions (and obviously turned out to be "false labor") around 10:30 in the morning. They were coming at about an hour to an hour and a half apart, so I threw myself into cleaning the house to make the time go faster. Well, the house got nice and clean, but the contractions didn't get any closer together and once disappeared for 3 hours. Then suddenly at 9:30 they started up again with a vengeance, coming every 10 or 15 minutes, so when Shoichi got off work at 10:45 we went to the hospital.

As my sister can attest, I was freaking out and afraid I was going to have the baby in the back seat of the car. She stayed on the phone with me the whole time for moral support. (Thanks Kate! You are awesome!) Then I got settled into the hospital and Shoichi took Rin and Rosie to his parents house, at which point the contractions promptly stopped. I was a little worried to go home and have them start up again and have to do the nail-biting ride to hospital again, so I consulted with the midwives and decided to stay overnight.

I had one or two weak contractions, but mostly I just got my nerves worked up waiting and listening to the women in the next bed who was really laboring in earnest. Then the doc came around at about 8:00 in the morning and checked my dilation etc. and said there was no change from when I came in, so I should go home and wait some more.

And here we are. We'll just have to wait and see what happens, but at the moment it looks like it's going to be a while. Ay yi yi!

PS- the picture has nothing to do with this post, but it was the cutest one that came up in GIS for "Where's the Baby?"

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Well, guess I'll see you in a couple of days - hope there's no more false alarms - that's an ordeal you shouldn't have to go through more than once (or EVEN once) at this stage.

18 September, 2011 17:31  
Blogger Becki said...

Can't wait to see you, Mom! Have a safe and uneventful flight!

19 September, 2011 00:23  
Anonymous Krishna said...

Super Snap !!!
Meaw :p

03 November, 2012 16:13  
Blogger Maria Ilyas said...

I remember my labor. i went to the hospital long before my contractions had started. and the moment i went there, i kept asking them for epidural, just because i was afriad of the real pains. and thus, all i remember about my pregnancy was sheer numbness in my lower body. i couldnt even shift my legs and couldnt even push!

i was curious to know how your actual labor went.






25 November, 2012 21:39  
Blogger Unknown said...




www.spiritlessons.com

18 January, 2013 01:33  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Site
Keep Posting

25 April, 2013 15:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://discotecassevilla.blogspot.com.es/2013/06/donde-salir-de-fiesta-en-sevilla.html

24 June, 2013 01:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://discotecassevilla.blogspot.com.es/2013/06/donde-salir-de-fiesta-en-sevilla.html

24 June, 2013 01:12  
Blogger harry20 said...

I love reading posts with such a fresh point of view on this interesting topic. Thank you for stimulating my brain with this bright and observant post.. Magnecor Spark Plug Wires

02 July, 2013 11:11  
Anonymous ben said...

Sony's PS4 release date has finally been announced at Gamescom 2013. Long live play indeed!The PS4 release date is the 15 of November in North America, and 29 of November in Europe.Friends who intrested in can care about the more news. Nike Lebron 11(XI) is getting closer and closer to us, the tenth generation became the year's most hot war boots.I believe Nike Lebron 11(XI) will not let you down!Nike Lebron 11(XI) Mens Basketball Shoes 2013 Volt Wolf Grey is a fresh colorway.Of course,it has all the advanced technology of Nike sneakers.With clear looks that go forth with Nike's apartment of flagship basketball technologies, including Hyperfuse and Flywire stability.


Nike Lebron 11(XI) Black Blue Pure Platinum '

27 September, 2013 11:22  
Blogger Unknown said...

Latest cars and vehicles, Latest Mazda Models, Racing Cars, International Sport Cars, Concept Cars, PS-Pod, Strange Vehicles, Nissan, Royce Corniche, Ford Concept Cars, Strange Vehicles, Mercedes and More Sport Cars and Vehicles with Pictures and Info
WorldLatestVehicles.blogspot.com

07 March, 2014 13:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home