12 April 2006

O-hanami (お花見)

Today after my volunteering I decided that since I was in Shukugawa I would do some hanami (cherry-blosson viewing). Shukugawa is a famous o-hanami spot and for good reason, both sides of the river are lined with hundreds of gorgeous cherry-trees of several different varieties.



I was afraid I wouldn't really get to see them at their peak since it's been so rainy lately, but it looks like I picked the perfect day. Some of the flowers had begun to fall, but most were still on the trees and the swirling clouds of pink and white petals drifting down from the trees really added to the atmosphere.

While I was there I noticed that there were lots of other beautiful flowers around as well and I took pictures of some of the ones I liked. Enjoy! (All pictures by me except the first one)



















Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger kumagoro said...

O-wonderful!

13 April, 2006 23:58  
Blogger Becki said...

O yeah!

14 April, 2006 20:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home