30 April 2006

Japanese Sand Lance

So, today in Voice we were talking about various kinds of fish and the students mentioned something called 'ikanago'. They said it was a regional specialty in Hyogo / Kobe and that everyone makes a big batch of it every year, boiled with soy sauce and sugar. I'd never heard of it, but they wanted to know the English name, so I checked on google and lo and behold 'Japanese Sand Lance,' it was. So know I know, and now you know, and soon the students will know too. The picture was just so vile I felt I needed to share it with someone.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger kumagoro said...

EWWWWWWWWWWW!

01 May, 2006 00:34  
Blogger Fancy L said...

Sand lance? I would've imagined something longer. Either way, I don't think I want to eat it.

01 May, 2006 01:25  
Blogger Becki said...

Damn skippy!

Feed the cat BTW.

Maybe he likes ikanago,.

01 May, 2006 01:36  
Blogger Granny D said...

This is totally irrelevant to this post but I can't believe you didn't recognize TMBG in the background of your conversation with your dad the other day....

BTW - sand lance sounds painful whatever you do with it

02 May, 2006 02:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is also totally unrelated! (although ewwwww!!)
RABBIT RABBIT!!!

03 May, 2006 04:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home